Intermediate Systems Analyst - Information Technology Services
TYPE: Full-time, Exempt
LOCATION: West Palm Beach Campus
SUMMARY: Provide experienced process and system requirements definition, analytical and/or
programming capabilities, computer application development and/or maintenance, and
support services to meet client IT and business needs.
- Provide service to the ITS client community, faculty, staff, and students, protecting
the integrity and confidentiality of all data and information through physical and
- Evaluate and document client needs/business processes, including current process analysis
and proposed revisions to optimize business processes.
- Assist with the design and documentation of system functional requirements in formats
to facilitate the development of deliverables such as Request for Proposals and/or
Information, custom development efforts, project-based planning documents such as
scope documents, and client services communication is required.
- Work with IT staff, clients, and/or vendors to evaluate, develop, and implement solutions
including both packaged system solutions and custom development applications options
and provides ongoing troubleshooting, support, and maintenance of production applications.
- May be required to maintain a standby status as part of a rotation within the team.
This requires 24 hours per day, 7 days per week availability during the standby period.
The frequency varies based upon the number of colleagues in the rotation.
- Systems Analysis & Integration and Business Requirements & Process Analysis.
- Ability to program MS SQL Server, C#, ASP, ASP.NET
- Understand the principles of systems analysis and programming.
- Understand the concepts of a relational database.
- Ability to communicate effectively with end-users.
- Experience with client-server, web, and web services application development.
- Experience with DBMS, SQL, and T-SQL.
- Possess strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with Jenzabar, InfoMaker, or similar student information systems is desired.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and end-user support tickets simultaneously.
- Working knowledge of report writing.
- Experience with Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) tools.
- Ability to work in teams, both interdepartmental and with other constituents of the
- Proven experience in deployment, maintenance, and operations analysis, as well as
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree (B.S. or B.A.) from an accredited university is highly preferred
with a major in Computer Science, including courses in computer programming, systems
analysis, system development, or systems engineering. A minimum of four (4) years
of analysis/programming experience, with a bachelor’s degree, or at least seven (7)
years of analysis/programming job experience without a degree.