Campus Visits Coordinator - Admissions
TYPE: Full-time, Non-exempt
LOCATION: West Palm Beach Campus
SUMMARY: Manages the day-to-day operations of the daily campus visitors; prepares the itineraries
for prospective students; provides excellent customer service to visitors and telephone
callers; and provides administrative support to University Admissions professional
staff; and performs clerical duties, such as typing, filing, scanning, and copying.
- Plans daily visits and tours for prospective students and their families, including
managing the details of their visit such as reserved parking, scheduling counselor
sessions, connecting students with opportunities on campus, fulfilling special requests,
- Reviews tour route regularly and make adjustments as needed to ensure an optimal guest
- Selects, trains, schedules, supervises, develops, mentors, corrects, and evaluates
Campus Tour Guides (e.g. Federal Work Study, hourly student employees, summer interns).
- Ensures that tour guides are knowledgeable about the University’s people and programs
and represent the University with professionalism.
- Provides Campus Tour Guides with regular training, mentoring, and promotion opportunities.
Serves as their role model.
- Updates display board for daily visitors.
- Keeps log of daily prospective student visitors, monitors, trends, anticipates higher
volume months and prepares with staffing and supplies accordingly.
- Responds to telephone inquiries and respond to requests for campus visits.
- Coordinates follow up with campus guests on a regular rotation to answer any questions
that they have had since their visit and demonstrate the caring ethos of PBA.
- Maintains the Campus Visit Microsoft inbox, handles routine inquires, and refers prospective
students to the appropriate Admissions Counselor.
- Coordinates individual campus visit requests for traditional undergraduate, graduate,
evening and online prospective students including VIP visits.
- Serves as host for VIP visits as needed.
- Assists the Campus Visits Manager with preparations for Open Houses, Preview Days,
and other visit events.
- Orders necessary hospitality items for Welcome Area and information sessions. Places
purchase requests and orders.
- Develops and implements a Training Program for Campus Tour Guides.
- Serves as the Content Manager for the individual campus visit pages on the website.
- Performs clerical tasks, such as typing correspondence, filing, faxing, copying, and
- Maintains confidentiality in dealing with the administrators, faculty, staff, students,
parents, alumni, and community members.
- Supports the development of campus visit and event registration, pre-and post-event
communication and program evaluation tools within SLATE.
- Compiles data on the daily visit programs throughout the year and provides weekly
- Attends university functions on campus and represents the university at off-campus
functions as needed.
- Gives Campus Tours to prospective students and families, when needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Requires strong interpersonal communication skills and ability to multi-task as well
as professional and cheerful disposition. Understands and commits to achieving the
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: A Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited higher education institution is preferred.
An Associate’s degree is required. 2+ years of experience working in a fast-paced
office environment and customer service is required.