Assistant/Associate Professor of Pharmacy Practice, Gregory School of Pharmacy
SUMMARY: The Assistant/Associate Professor of Pharmacy Practice provides didactic and/or clinical
instruction to Doctoral Pharmacy students.
- Provides didactic and/or clinical instruction within assigned courses.
- Integrates faith and professional values into instructional activities where applicable.
- Serves as an advisor to PharmD students as assigned.
- Conducts research and/or scholarly activity associated with areas of his/her expertise
that is either published or presented following peer review.
- Participates actively in professional organizations associated with his/her discipline.
- Serves as a role model of professional, servant leader behavior to students.
- Serves on task forces and committees as assigned.
- Participates in other duties as assigned in service to the school or university.
- Assists with faculty recruitment and student applicant interviews.
- Attends faculty meetings, faculty development programs and other school functions
- Must be able to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, with students, faculty,
administrators, patients, and other health professionals.
- Adept at organizing complex scientific and professional subject matter and designing
instructional strategies that make the material understandable and applicable.
- Skill in using computer software, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is
required, as is the ability to use electronic and internet educational and professional
- A comprehensive knowledge of pharmacy practice, in a specific discipline, is essential,
along with strong critical thinking skills and the ability to function effectively
and collaboratively as part of an educational and research team.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: A Doctor of Pharmacy degree from an accredited institution of higher education, along
with the completion of a residency or pharmacy fellowship are required. Candidates
must demonstrate the ability engage in research and/or scholarly activity.