Master of Science in Nursing, Health Systems Leadership
Our Master of Science Nursing program will help you advance your professional status with a respected academic credential that will position you to become a leader wherever your worklife takes you.
Focused on biblical, historical, theoretical and practical studies and providing you with much sought-after skills.
Our program delivers specific benefits such as:
- An emphasis on problem-solving skills and other practical aspects of healthcare leadership
- An emphasis on critical thinking and real-life experience
- Curriculum designed to minimize redundancy, engage learning
- A faith-based approach to education that supports calling and service
- Curriculum that is offered in a combination of convenient, hybrid courses delivered online and monthly, in-person classes at PBA’s West Palm Beach campus
- Two program entry points each year: August and January (with application deadlines of July 1 and November 15)
- You'll finish PBA with 36-39 graduate credits (see degree plan* and required courses)
- The solid reputation of the Palm Beach Atlantic School of Nursing
Request more information
Master of Science in Nursing Admission Requirements:
- Graduates of Palm Beach Atlantic University’s BSN or RN to BSN programs are eligible for seamless admissions to the University’s MSN/ DNP programs respectively. Contact the Graduate Admissions office for details.
- Complete online Graduate application
- Baccalaureate degree in nursing from a regionally accredited university and nationally accredited nursing program
- Minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale, minimum nursing courses 3.0 GPA
- No GRE required; however, applicants who score less than 3.0 (cumulative and nursing) on a 4.0 scale must provide acceptable GRE scores of 50th percentile on both verbal and quantitative sections and 4.0 on the analytical writing section
- RN experience preferred, but not required.
- Required documents below may be submitted directly to PBA admissions or through NursingCAS
- Official Transcripts from all schools attended
- Current Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Three letters of recommendation attesting to the applicant’s academic ability and leadership potential, including one from a current supervisor
- GRE scores if applicable
- Current and active Florida license OR a valid RN license from another state and proof of application to Florida Board of Nursing (Note: all practicum and clinical hours must be completed in the State of Florida for the duration of the program.)
- Personal statement supporting future goals, faith, and interest in obtaining a practice doctorate (no more than 500 words)
- Students transferring from graduate nursing program at another university are required to obtain a letter of good standing from their current institution
- Once candidates submit all required documents, the complete application is reviewed by the School of Nursing Graduate Admissions Committee to determine invitations for an interview.
- After interview and upon acceptance, applicants must:
- Submit Admissions Deposit of $400 (non-refundable; will be applied to tuition upon enrollment)
- Provide Documentation to the School of Nursing:
- Proof of Health Insurance
- Florida RN License
- PPD or other TB Test
- Proof of Immunization/Titers
- Drug Screen
- Background Check with Fingerprints?
For a complete program description and policies, click here.
*The advantage of submitting documents directly to PBA Admissions is that it is simpler and quicker, but transcripts must be sent directly to PBA Admissions at 901 S. Flagler Drive, P.O. Box 24708, West Palm Beach, FL, 33416 or submitted electronically to Data_team@pba.edu. The advantage of NursingCAS is that if a student already has a completed profile including transcripts, they do not need to re-enter or submit that information. There is a nominal fee associated with applying through CAS.
The estimated tuition for the entire MSN program is $29,100*. This includes tuition for 36 credit hours ($795/credit) and the resources fee ($220/semester). There may be an addition cost ($50/class) for any hybrid class. This is based on a two-year full-time degree plan.
Use our Adult Tuition Calculator to plan your college expenses.
*Cost based on 2017-2018 fee schedule and is subject to change. Additional fees may apply.
Palm Beach Atlantic makes every effort to offer financial assistance through a variety of programs (federal and institutional) to deserving students. Primary funding for graduate study is provided on the basis of demonstrated financial need in the form of work study awards and student loans. Students must apply for financial aid each year by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Assistance (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
Learn more about opportunities for Financial Aid*; for questions on work-study or loan eligibility please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
PBA’s growth in graduate and professional programs has provided additional scholarship opportunities to become available through faithful donors wanting to assist students in achieving their educational goals. For additional information about these scholarship opportunities for your program, please contact the School of Nursing at email@example.com.
*NOTE: Clicking on these links will take you to the University's primary website.
View downloadable brochure