Residency Application Process
Candidate Evaluation Criteria:
Each candidate's qualifications will be judged according to the following criteria:
- Anticipated graduation from accredited school of pharmacy prior to start of residency.
- Demonstration of strong commitment to pursuing servant-leadership role in our profession.
- Likelihood of assimilating well into PBA environment based on character, maturity and attitude.
- Strong foundation in therapeutics and pharmacology.
- Evaluation of critical thinking through therapeutic questions.
- Effective application of pharmacotherapy knowledge as evident by advanced practice rotations.
- Initiative and effort in extra-curricular activities.
- Strong verbal and non-verbal communication.
- Evaluation of presentation on campus.
For application deadlines and further information, please visit the ASHP residency directory.
To be considered as a candidate for the PGY-1 residency, you are required to submit the following items to PHORCAS by the program deadline listed in PHORCAS:
- Letter of intent
- Three letters of recommendation (using the ASHP template provided)
- Official transcript
- Curriculum vitae
- Photo in JPEG format
- Reflective statement as to why you wish to complete a PGY-1 residency with emphasis in ambulatory care and teaching
- Example presentation given on a APPE experience (case presentation, journal club, etc.)
Any questions should be forwarded to:
Amy Henneman, PharmD, BCPS, CDE
Assistant Professor of Pharmacy Practice
PGY-1 Pharmacy Residency Director
Palm Beach Atlantic University
901 S. Flagler Drive
PO BOX 24708
West Palm Beach, FL 33416
If all qualifications are met, you will be contacted by the residency director to arrange an on-site interview. If you are selected for an interview, you will be asked to present a 20-30 minute presentation. Directions for the on-site presentation will be given when you are contacted by the residency director.