B.A. Ministry Online
Although there are benefits of attending college face-to-face, we recognize that some life situations make that impossible. For instance, those who are already serving in Christian ministry, particularly in rural churches, typically have limited access to theological training and feel unable to move geographically to locations where it is available. Such circumstances make an accredited, online ministry degree program an attractive option.
Request More Information
The Online Bachelor of Arts in Ministry (EMIN) is an online ministry degree program at Palm Beach University that offers a curriculum identical to the on-ground B.A. in Ministry. This program will prepare you to build and grow effective Christian ministries and jump right into a broad variety of ministries upon graduation.
The University's unique guidance focuses on biblical, historical, theological and practical studies. Combined with our thriving community connections, it helps you develop skills to improve the lives of others through your efforts within a church, parachurch, or even through secular agencies.
This program is specially designed for students who want to complete a bachelor’s degree and have a calling to ministry careers or those who have a bachelor’s degree in another discipline who aspire to an advanced degree in ministry (M.Div.).
Our program delivers specific benefits such as:
- 120 credit hours that consist of 48 general education, 42 in the ministry major and 30 of elective credits – (click here to see degree requirements)
- The ability to integrate Christian values with professional services.
- An emphasis on critical thinking and real-life experience.
- Preparation for the Master of Divinity program.
- Two entry points: fall (August) and spring (January) with application deadlines of August 1 and December 1; and acelerated courses are offered weeknight evenings at PBA’s West Palm Beach and Orlando campuses in eight-week terms
- Preparing you to serve as a: Pastor (lead, associate, executive), Church Planter, Director of Children’s Ministries, Youth Pastor, Pastor of Adult Ministries, Discipleship Pastor, Missions Leader, Evangelism, Bi-vocational Pastor, Hospital or Military Chaplain and Community Service Director
Closer to a degree than you think?
You might be closer to completing your degree than you might think once transfer and Professional Education Credits are applied. Your admission counselor can guide you through this process.
Up to 42 credits of upper-level coursework completed at other regionally accredited colleges will be considered to apply to this degree (transfer)
Professional Educational Credit for your prior formal training and professional work experience will be considered to apply to this degree
Ready to kickstart your career in Ministry?
APPLY NOW ONLINE
Your Opportunities in B.A. Ministry Online
In completing this major, you will utilize your training upon graduation to serve in various capacities.
Here is a sampling of possibilities:
- Pastor (lead, associate, executive)
- Church planting
- Director of Children's Ministries
- Student Ministries
- Pastor of Adult Ministries
- Discipleship Pastor
- Worship Director
- Mission Ministry Leader
- Social Work
- Hospital or Military Chaplain
- Community Service Director
Your Courses & Classes
Your Educational Experience
As an Online Ministry major at PBA, you'll:
- Receive a biblically conservative and multi-denominational education that is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC)
- Be a student at a university that is ranked by U.S. News and World Reports as one of the top 35 colleges and universities in the nation for online education
- Participate in synchronous class sessions with high levels of professor and student interaction
- Have access to courses through standard laptop or desktop computers (Windows, Mac, or Linex) including mobile devices such as smartphones and digital tablets
- Receive leading edge courses featuring videos and interactive learning, enhancing rigorous academics
- Have lectures and lessons available as podcasts or other RSS feeds
Learn more about PBA's Financial Aid here. To learn more about federal financial assistance, click here.
Click here for a downloadable brochure