Master of Science in Counseling
- 63 graduate credits that include field experience in order to apply for licensure in Addictions/Mental Health (offered in West Palm Beach only), 60 graduate credits in Marriage, Couple and Family Counseling and Mental Health Counseling OR 51 graduate credits for certification in School Counseling. A 36-credit General Counseling, non-licensure, option is available – see catalog**
- Courses are offered weeknight evenings at PBA’s Orlando and West Palm Beach campuses
- Program entry points are fall (August) and spring (January) with application deadlines August 1 and December 1
- Earn a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution or a baccalaureate degree in another major with successful completion of 15 prerequisite credits in psychology or related disciplines. International students should inquire about additional admission requirements.
- Achieve cumulative undergraduate minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- A completed online application and $45 nonrefundable fee (Click on the drop-down arrow to select the Graduate application)
- Official transcript from college/university where bachelor’s degree was conferred and from college/university where prerequisite courses were taken
- Three confidential counseling recommendations. Recommendations for transfer students must include a current advisor/faculty member.
- Acceptable score on the GRE or MAT (Millers Analogy Test)**
- Personality assessment
- Essay (Orlando only)
- Faculty interview – Once your application for admission is complete by meeting all the admission requirements and providing the required documents, you will be invited to a group interview with the Graduate Admissions Committee. Skype/phone interviews are available for out-of-state applicants.
* International students should inquire about additional admission requirements.
**GRE/MAT is not required for students with a 3.0 cumulative grade point average from a regionally accredited college or university. The requirement is waived for applicants with a previously earned master’s degree or those who have completed 15 or more graduate credits with transferable grades from a regionally accredited institution.
Admissions decision and notification:
Applicants will be notified in writing of the Graduate Admissions Committee’s decision within two weeks after completing the interview. To secure a spot in the program, accepted students must, no later than 30 days before classes begin, submit:
- A non-refundable $100 deposit, which is applied to tuition upon enrollment
The estimated tuition for the entire counseling program is $31,100*. This includes tuition for 60 credit hours ($525/credit) and the Resource Fee ($200/semester). For specifics on your program, please review the degree section in the student catalog.
Palm Beach Atlantic makes every effort to offer financial assistance through a variety of programs (federal and institutional) to deserving students. Primary funding for graduate study is provided on the basis of demonstrated financial need in the form of work study awards and student loans. Students must apply for financial aid each year by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Assistance (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.ed.gov. For any questions on work-study or loan eligibility please contact email@example.com.
Adult TUITION CALCULATOR
*Cost based on 2015-2016 fee schedule and is subject to change. Additional fees may apply
**NOTE: By clicking this link you will be taken to the University's primary Web site